** Assembled BLUE Shark with Remora UI board. Blue Shark is the new, cooler version of the Shark. Takes a big bite out of driving multiple LEDs in series. Great for use in multi LED flashlight and fixed lighting applications.
Note: Blue sharks shipped after July 18, 2010 will have the 2 diode modification. All Blue Sharks shipped before this date may have thermal runaway with input current over 2.5A.
See Blue Shark for full description
Size: 0.750 inch(19.1mm) diameter
- Input voltage range: 2.7V - ~25V (Vin < Vout)
- Maximum IC switch current: ~4A
- Output Current: Adjustable on board trim pot - 50mA - 980mA
- Output Voltage: ~32V
- Regulation: Voltage or Current.
- Maximum component height 3mm
- Raises Vout from 22.5V + and improves thermal performance over standard Shark.
- Change sense resistor for max output current. (standard 0.1 ohm = 1A. 0.12 = 0.833mA, 0.15 = 666mA)
This will put open circuit Vout to ~32V and provide no load protection. 3-7 Lux3s/Cree XRE/Seoul P4s can be driven with this configuration as long as the boost input current does not exceed 3-4A. You can drive 5-6 Lux3s in series with 9V - 12V input and drive the string at 1A.
The Blue Shark has better thermal properties and heat dissipation. It runs cooler. Comes with the copper C installed.
The Blue shark assembled with the Remora has the trim pot removed.
When mounting a Blue Shark, Shark Buck etc to the heat sink use an ultra-thin layer of adhesive for maximum conductivity. Too thick of a layer is like creating an air gap.
For proper mounting the converter board should be clamped. Thermal interface to heat sink must be less than 15C/W.
Shark FAQs here.
Questions and Answers on CPF